Turning The Tide
... until ICM's Annual Banquet & Fundraiser
Can’t wait to see you then!
Prayer is the real work of ministry.
Africa Theological Seminary (ATS) believes that prayer is the real work of the ministry and endeavors to train the heart, instruct the mind and empower the hand first and foremost through prayer. If God does not supernaturally move in the hearts and lives of ATS’ students, then the quality and depth of academic efforts is irrelevant. ATS would be honored if you would join us in prayer. Please regularly pray for students that God Himself would be their teacher and guide. Pray for the ATS staff and faculty as the teach, mentor and disciple students. Ask God to bless the administrative tasks that keep ATS running. Below you will find current praises and prayer requests
- Our vision remains to equip church leaders who will transform Africa and the world. It is our joy always to see students reporting each month to continue with their studies. The May cohort, had seventeen students in total. Out of the seventeen, five of them were new students.
- ATS has one of the best environments in Kitale. Some of the things that makes our environment clean and conducive is the trees and flowers in our compound. Praise God that in May, we planted 700 trees round our main fence.
- Apart from the formal training that ATS offers to church leaders, we are thankful to have also started a department called Centre for Leadership Development (CLD). This department deals with short trainings and seminars to church leaders. This will help us connect with local churches.
- This year, our income has been somehow stable compared to previous years, though our budget still has a deficit. We thank ICM USA for the $2,000 monthly subsidy, but we still have a deficit of $1,600. Pray for the Lord provision in this area.
- As stated in our last month updates, pray with ATS to find funds to build guest houses that will enable the institution to increase its income. We plan to build fifteen guest houses.
- Our staff are very committed and dedicated in their job responsibilities. Apart from teaching, they also do administrative work. Our humble prayer is that we get partners who will help ATS raise support for its staff.
- Our library is one of our strengths in the process of discipling church leaders. Pray with us for the funds to adequately equip and run our library.
- Our buildings had faded allot. We thank God for bringing partners who helped us paint all buildings.
- Our students still struggle allot in paying their fee. We thank God for the scholarships we received from our friends and partners. We thank the Samaritan Church for their continual support to our students.
- We completed our April classes successfully. The April cohort had 33 students, 2 were new students. We thank God for entrusting his servants under our care to equip them for the ministry.
- We appreciate our adjunct faculty for their support to ATS. Their commitment to teach at ATS has been a great blessing to us, apart from cutting the cost for adjunct payment, they also bring their experiences and expertise which has helped our students think globally.
- Our income has increased slightly, however we still request your prayers for our staff. We pray that God will give us partners who will commit to support our staff in raising stipend for them.
- Many of our students come from rural areas where their churches cannot pay tuition for them. This are committed men and women who are helping communities to know the true God and leave futile beliefs and traditions. Pray that God would raise up scholarships for them that will enable them get education as they serve in the rural areas.
- The few guest houses we have are earning us substantial income, we plan to increase the guest houses in future. We plan to build fifteen of them. We will appreciate your support and prayer.
- One of our dormitory is still an open hall, we plan to partition it into cubes to accommodate more students and also hire out to generate income.